Gleam is a friendly statically typed language that runs on both the BEAM and in the browser. In this talk we’ll see a brief tour of the language, before taking a look at how it was used to build a fun interactive audio application. We’ll explore a typed Phoenix-like setup and demo a multi-user Web Audio app to show off.
- TL;DR on what Gleam is about
- Wait, why are types good again?
- You can build all that in pure Gleam?!
- Phoenix developers that wished they didn’t have to switch contexts to write some client code.
- Anyone who’s gone to get a coffee while Dialyzer does its thing.
- Web developers that want something simpler than TypeScript.
- Hipsters that want to say they knew about Gleam before it was cool.
- You’ve heard the legend of ““fearless refactoring”” and you want to see if it’s real.