From basics to RTMP & HLS broadcasting
This training demystifies the intricacies of the Membrane Framework, a powerful Elixir-based platform for multimedia processing! Thanks to this workshop, you will unlock the skills to build cutting-edge broadcasting platforms, empowering your multimedia projects.
Firstly, you will deepen your understanding of the Membrane Framework, enabling you to create your own applications. Then you will learn about challenges in multimedia processing and its solutions like Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
Lastly, you will participate in a detailed, step-by-step tutorial that concentrates on developing an application capable of receiving and broadcasting multimedia streams.
You will learn:
- Concepts behind the Membrane Framework
- Basic digital video & audio processing
- Capabilities of the Membrane plugins
- Challenges with multimedia broadcasting and how to overcome them
- How to build a working solution for receiving RTMP stream (e.g. from OBS), processing it and saving as an .mp4 file.
- How to modify solution form the point 2 to allow serving stream with the use of HTTP.
- Anybody interested in capabilities of the Membrane multimedia processing framework.
- People familiar with Elixir who want to learn about its possible applications.
- Basic knowledge of Elixir (e.g. having Elixir tutorial covered)
- Environment setup
- Advised OS: Linux (Ubuntu, Arch, Fedora), MacOS
- Elixir environment installed
- FFmpeg (>= 4.4) installed”